Podiatrists are university-trained health professionals who deal exclusively with the prevention, diagnosis, care management and rehabilitation of sports and medical conditions of the feet and lower limbs. This includes areas such as paediatrics (children), diabetes, sports injuries, structural problems, elderly and general foot care.
Why do I need to see a Podiatrist?
It’s easy to underestimate the role of our feet. But when we think about how long we spend on our feet all day, it’s not hard to see why it’s so important to look after this part of our body.
- Our feet will carry us about 160,000 kilometres over a lifetime. That is 4 times the circumference of the Earth.
- Tremedous pressure on our feet when walking exceeds our body weight.
- When running. the pressure on our feet can be anywhere from 3 to 5 times our body weight.
- 75% of the human population will develop foot problems in their lifetime.
- Women have 4 times as many foot problems as men.
- Over 75% of runners become injured every year.
Looking out with the client’s gait and feet alignment
Assessing diaphragm tension
It is important to remember that pain in other parts of the body can be related to our feet and how our feet interact with the ground dynamically (i.e. how we walk or we run).
For example, knee, hip and back pain is sometimes relieved by managing the mechanics of your feet.
Some common conditions manageed by our podiatry team at my FootDr Singapore include:
- Heel, shin, knee, hip pain
- Achilles tendinopathy
- Walking and running abnormalities (toeing in, toeing out, tip toe walking)
- Foot and ankle joint pain
- Lower back pain
- Flat feet
- High Arches
My FootDr Singapore offers an international standard for foot related care management, with a focus on foot related conditions that are associated with human movement and function (biomechanics).
Charles assessing ankle at Choa Chu Kang Stadium
Matt with My FootDr booth at Serangoon Gardens Country Club
Our podiatrists have vast experience in managing both the general public and the athletic community using internationally accepted evidence-based care management.
At my FootDr Singapore, podiatry care management are individualised and may include one or more of the following:
- Rehabilitation Exercises and Strapping
- Shockwave therapy
- Joint Mobilisation and manipulation
- Foot and Lower Limb Motion computer gait analysis
- Orthotic Therapy Footwear
- Prescription and Modification Running Technique Retraining
My FootDr Singapore team would like to actively involve you and your family in setting goals and encouraging your family to participate in all phases of your care management.