Your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to any party other than what is outlined in this Policy, nor will it be used for any other purpose than what it was originally intended.
What Information We Collect and How
My FootDr collects a vast range of personal information about their patient, clients and prospective clientele that may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Mailing and street address
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Health fund details
- Medicare card number
- Medical history
- Occupation and employer
- Lifestyle and hobbies
- Bank and credit card details
- Details of products you have purchased both online and in person from our clinics; and
- Any information that relates to you, that you provide to us directly through our website, email, written letters and phone conversations.
We collect your personal information directly from you through the following methods:
- New patient form
- Purchase over-the-counter or online products
- Online enquiry through our website
- Enquiry or complaint
- Incoming call list
- Enter a competition
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as:
- Third party government agencies (like the Department of Veteran Affairs and Medicare)
- Private health insurers
- Solicitors, lawyers and worker’s compensation companies; and
- Medical professionals (such as general practitioners, allied health professionals, specialists etc).
1. What is our approach to online privacy?
2. What personal information is collected online?
As noted below at point five, we may also collect other information as a result of your use of My FootDr podiatry centres website, which may or may not identify you.
3. How do we use personal information collected online?
If we collect personal information from you online, we may use it to:
- Provide you with our products or services, or with other information, you have requested and
- Communicate with you effectively. If you agree, we may use your contact details to notify you about new My FootDr podiatry centres products or services or promotions from time to time.
From time to time we may also undertake online customer surveys to collect statistics about our customers. These surveys help us to make sure we are meeting your needs. Again, whether or not you participate in these surveys is your choice.
4. Other important privacy issues
In order to protect your privacy:
- We do not sell or give to other persons or organisations lists containing your personal information.
- We will not disclose any personal information we hold about you to any third person without your written consent.
- We protect your privacy by restricting access to personal information about you to those My FootDr podiatry centres staff who need it, either to process your query, or to provide you with the services you have asked for, or to provide you with information about My FootDr podiatry centres’s products and services (as described above).
5. Tracking use
When you visit the My FootDr™ podiatry centres website, we may collect additional information about your use of the Website, which may or may not identify you. We may collect information about which pages you visit on the Website to help us determine which parts of the site you value, so that we can build and develop our Website to best meet your needs.
We may also collect information about your Internet browser, operating system, the address of the referring site, your internet protocol address and clickstream information. This information helps us to understand how you came to find our Website.
Collecting, Keeping, Using and Disclosing Your Information
We collect personal information that is necessary for providing you with the best possible care for your feet and lower limbs, as well as maintaining a high level of quality customer service.
Further purposes for us in collecting personal information include;
- Sending communication to you about our products and services;
- To answer enquiries that you may have about our products and services;
- Respond to complaints and compliments you have made;
- To advise you of upcoming and or change of appointments;
- Advise you if a clinic will be closing down, merging or relocating;
- Contact you in the event we have received a special order;
- Update your records and keep your contact details current;
- Research, development and statistical analysis;
- To comply with any lawful regulations and ruling by governmental authority; and
- Provide a medico-legal report to a third party.
My FootDr™ may need to refer patients to a specialist for further care, this involves forwarding relevant personal information about you and your condition and will only be arranged with your consent.
How We Use Your Personal Information
My FootDr™ may use personal information for the following purposes;
- shared information between My FootDr™
- provide patients and clients with products and services
- respond to enquiries and online orders
- to improve our products and services
- develop and improve our website
- direct marketing purposes, mail and email reminders
- remind patients of upcoming appointments in the form of a phone call, SMS or email
- advise of upcoming promotions, specials and sales
- advise clients and prospective clientele of meetings
- inform a patient or client they have won a competition
Keeping Your Information Safe
We take appropriate security measures to keep your personal information protected, managed confidentially and securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required. We will monitor and implement appropriate technical advances or management processes to safeguard personal information.
A confidentiality agreement is entered into by all employees at the time of their employment with us protecting the privacy of individuals, we view unauthorised disclosure as a serious breach of misconduct by our employees and/or contractors. If the disclosure of personal information is breached disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
We endeavour to keep your information relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. When you arrive for an appointment the receptionist at your clinic may request confirmation that your details have not changed. If you require your personal information to be updated please contact your clinic.
Patients and clients can request to have copies of their personal information, clinical notes, images and reports sent to them or a third party by contacting one of our centres to obtain a Release of Personal Information Consent Form. Your personal information will not be released unless a consent form has been signed, received and processed by the privacy.
We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes for which we have advised that we are collecting it, and for related purposes that you would reasonably expect
- Where we have the consent by you to do so
- As required by law, or
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act
If you have any questions or comments about the management of your personal information or want to opt out of receiving information from us, we can be contacted through:
Last updated 25 May 2018.