If you want to get the most out of your cycling then a podiatry check at my FootDr is essential. At my FootDr, our cycling assessment ethos is by cyclists for cyclists, so you will only be seen by a road cyclist and senior podiatrist that knows your sport. Cycling isn’t just a sport that involves a lot of repetitive strain, it is a culture and a way of life. That’s why you can’t afford to be off the bike! If you are an up and coming young rider looking for a competitive edge, or more of a coffee shop rider looking for ultimate comfort and injury prevention for cycling orthotics, we can help.
Benefits of Cycling Orthotics
- Increased power and torque in the push phase.
- Relieves plantar fascial tension.
- More even force distribution.
- Improves shoe comfort and fit, supporting all three arches of the foot.
- Extremely light, thin and durable carbon fibre construction, custom made for your shoe and foot mechanics.
- Can treat forefoot pain, burning and numbness.
- Helps with crank rub and knee positioning.
- Improves overall cycling performance.
my FootDr podiatry centres is an accredited partner of several cycling orthotics brands. We specialise in fitting these high qualities, performance-enhancing orthotics. As the orthotic devices are fully custom made, they may qualify for health insurance rebates and in many cases our patients have only a small out-of-pocket expense. Ian Goodchild, senior podiatrist and experienced road cyclist at the Australian Foot & Ankle Institute at our Camp Hill podiatry centre heads up a team of sports podiatrists specifically trained in fitting carbon cycling orthotics.